NWI Group, a leading provider of advanced weighing solutions, had the privilege of working with the esteemed Toowoomba Regional Council with operations in Queensland, Australia. We have partnered with the council many times in the past to deliver comprehensive weighbridge installation projects at a local and remote waste disposal landfill’s and transfer stations.
NWI Group collaborated closely with Toowoomba Regional Council to address their specific requirements for waste management. The primary project objective was to implement a weighbridge system capable of accurately measuring and monitoring waste disposal activities. The weighbridge needed to have a high capacity of 80 tonnes to accommodate various waste collection vehicles efficiently.
Solution: Following an in-depth assessment of the project’s needs, NWI Group recommended and installed a 27-meter long Centurion steel deck weighbridge. The steel deck weighbridge’s robust construction minimizes the trades required for the civil foundation preparation. This solution aimed to streamline waste tracking and promote responsible waste disposal practices within the region.
NWI Group encountered specific challenges during the weighbridge installation at the remote waste disposal site:
- Remote Location: Transporting the heavy weighbridge components and equipment to the remote site demanded meticulous logistical planning and execution.
- Civil Foundations: Establishing durable civil foundations capable of supporting the lengthy weighbridge structure required expert civil engineering and precise construction.
- Environmental Factors: The harsh environmental conditions at the waste disposal site necessitated a weighbridge design with exceptional resistance to weather, corrosion, and wear.
The Centurion steel deck weighbridge, expertly installed by NWI Group, offered a range of features designed to optimize waste management operations:
- Dual Remote Displays: NWI Group integrated dual remote displays into the weighbridge system, enabling dual-directional weighing. This feature allowed operators to monitor weight readings from both ends, reducing vehicle manoeuvring and enhancing waste weighing efficiency.
- 80T Capacity: With an 80-tonne capacity, the weighbridge accommodated heavy waste collection vehicles, ensuring accurate measurements, and preventing overloading concerns.
- Durability and Longevity: The Centurion steel deck weighbridge’s robust construction ensured its ability to withstand the challenging waste disposal site environment, minimising maintenance requirements and maximizing its operational lifespan.
Results & Benefits
The successful installation of the Centurion steel deck weighbridge delivered substantial benefits for waste management operations, with NWI Group playing a pivotal role in the project’s success:
- Accurate Waste Measurement: The weighbridge provided precise weight measurements, empowering the Toowoomba Regional Council to track and manage waste disposal more effectively while adhering to regulatory standards.
- Optimized Resource Allocation: The council utilised accurate waste data to optimise resource allocation, plan waste collection schedules more efficiently, and reduce overall operational costs.
- Enhanced Environmental Compliance: With precise measurements and data tracking, the council could enforce waste disposal regulations more effectively, fostering responsible waste management practices.
- Streamlined Operations: The weighbridge’s dual remote displays and efficient design minimized vehicle waiting times, streamlining waste weighing procedures, and improving overall waste disposal efficiency.
Our innovative weighing solution, combined with expert installation, successfully addressed the unique challenges posed by the remote waste disposal site.
As a result, the Toowoomba Regional Council now benefits from an efficient, accurate, and environmentally conscious waste management system, delivering value to the council and the community alike. NWI Group remains committed to providing advanced weighing solutions that drive progress and contribute to sustainable waste management practices.